Sarah Davis is a professional risk manager with a passion for risk-taking.
And she’s back for her 4th visit to Sparta Chicks Radio!
Then in February, 2021 (episode 155) she returned to share details of her next epic adventure, in which she planned to swap her paddles for pedals and ride (with her friend Tara Lal) 5,000km unsupported across Australia for charity.
She’s back today to share how the epic adventure unfolded!
Sarah and I discuss:
* the journey to the starting point (which was quite an epic quest in its own right),
* how much their bikes weighed fully loaded,
* whether there was a point at which she thought they had bitten off more than they could chew,
* the tragic circumstances that prompted a change in plans,
* why she thought this trip was riskier than her Nile expedition,
* the mixed emotions she experienced at the finish line,
* how the risk assessment she carried out before the ride compared to the reality of life on the road,
* what surprised her about the ride and what she learnt about herself,
* the importance of unpacking why we do what we do and how much of it is motivated by trying to prove we’re good enough (to others or ourselves),
* her experience of post-adventure depression and returning to “normal life” (whatever that looks like during a pandemic) after such an all-encompassing adventure, and
* the progress of her book on the Nile expedition (#takemymoneynow).
Notes and resources: