3 Ways to Stop Self-Doubt as a Leader
Date: Tuesday, 30 March 2021 at 7.30pm AEDT
Fear and self-doubt can often leave us feeling stuck. We either slip into comparison and procrastination and don’t take action. Or we slip into perfectionism, overcommit ourselves and then feel overwhelmed by our workload.
These challenges are compounded when you step into a new role as a manager or leader.
You find yourself managing teams, budgets and projects that far exceed anything you’ve done before. And people are coming to you for answers at a time you’re still trying to find your feet.
Developing more courage and confidence in your ability as a leader is a practice that takes time. And it requires new and different skills.
But it also requires a new mindset. As they say ‘what got you here won’t get you there’.
In this session, I’ll share some of the tactics and strategies you can use - both in the short and long term - to develop self-awareness, gain a different perspective and build more confidence and courage in your ability as a leader.
* some of the common challenges and struggles faced by new managers and leaders,
* the impact of the Imposter Complex (aka Imposter Syndrome) in how you think and act as a leader,
* the 3 surprising elements you need to focus on as a leader, and specific examples of how you can put one of them into action immediately.
Bounce Back (Faster) from Self-Doubt
Thursday, 8 October 2020 @ 7.30pm AEDT
Self-doubt (quite frankly) sucks.
It stops you and it costs you, both time and energy. It takes you out of action, leaves you second-guessing and agonising over your decisions which can be exhausting.
It is also inevitable and normal.
The challenge then becomes how we navigate it and process it more quickly, so we can get on with the things that really matter.
Essentially the question is how do you bounce back faster during times of self-doubt?
Or, as I like to put it, how do you make your self-doubt suck less? 😀
In this session, you will:
- become aware of the misconceptions around confidence and self-doubt,
- understand why it’s important to plan for the inevitable arrival of self-doubt,
- see the problems that arise when we don’t plan for it, and
- learn the 5 elements that are essential to building your resistance to self-doubt.
The sessions will be recorded. So if you can't make, register anyway and I'll send you the recording.