Sarah Davis is a professional risk manager with a passion for risk-taking.
And she’s back for her 3rd visit to Sparta Chicks Radio!
This time she returns to share her next epic adventure, in which she’s swapping her paddles for pedals and will ride 5,000 unsupported across Australia!
In this conversation, we discuss:
* why, just 8 months after finishing her Nile expedition, she decided to paddle the length of Australia’s longest river, the Murray - a journey of 2,500km
* where (and when) the idea to ride across Australia came from,
* the logistics involved,
* how she’s preparing her body - and butt! - for the ride,
* the risks she’s likely to encounter,
* what she the Nile expedition taught her about risk management,
* how you can manage the risks associated with your adventures,
* why Sarah and her expedition companion Tara have decided to use the ride as a vehicle (pun intended) to encourage growth through struggle,
* mental health challenges, eating disorders and developing a deeper appreciation for what your body can do, as opposed to what it looks like.
Notes and resources: