Something very different for this week’s episode.
In case we haven't met yet - Hi, I'm Jen 🙂
The founder of Sparta Chicks and the voice you hear on Sparta Chicks Radio.
Many times over the last 16 months since I launched the podcast, I’ve been asked when I’m going to share my story on the show.
I’ve always resisted for all the usual reasons that come up when we’re on the edge of our comfort zone - fear, self-doubt, who am I to do this and feeling like a fraud etc.
But I finally pulled up my big girl pants and asked my friend Richelle Olsen to do the honours and interview me!
You might recognise Richelle’s name; she is the founder of an amazing not-for-profit business called Escaping Your Comfort Zone and was on the podcast back in episode 40.
I gave Richelle complete creative control over this episode; we didn’t discuss it in advance nor did I see the questions she was going to ask.
So I had no idea where this conversation was going to do! For this reason, it’s a very different - and longer - conversation than normal.
- my childhood and whether I was an active kid (I think the words "hell no" feature in my answer!),
- my transition from law to coaching,
- my recent surgery and broader issues around women’s health,
- my upcoming goals,
- women in sport and what we can do to improve it, and
- what I would say to my 13 year old self.
Notes and resources:
To find out more about me, or to say hello, you can find me on Instagram 🙂